Monday, September 28, 2015

Life Was Not Meant To Be a Constant Struggle


When I read back through old journals it kinda makes me sad because for YEARS I wrote about the things I wanted to create in my life and never quite achieved. I gave up on creating the things I desired.

I gave up because of the struggle.

But the struggle was within me. I was struggling with the wrong mindset. I didn't trust that I could have what I wanted. I believed I had to sacrifice and suffer. I believed that life was hard and when something good happened - something bad was sure to follow.

And so I created a vicious cycle of negativity.

I learned thoughts and words are powerful. What you think, speak and expect is what you will receive more of because that is what you are focusing on. You have to train your mind to think in a new way. 

Life was not not meant to be a constant struggle. 

I am not saying you will never face any difficulties and things will always be sunshine and roses. Of course not. But by focusing your thoughts on the positives, speaking positively and expecting GOOD things to happen to you - you'll get good in return more often than not.

Changing your mindset takes practice. You've spent years mired in negativity so it will take time. The more attention you devote to improving your mindset, the quicker it can happen though. 

What are you believing today?

You can find my books HERE and HERE.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Terrific post, Tracy! It's so true that we often make our own troubles by wrong thinking. Thanks for spreading the news! Blessings, Debra

Tracy Lee said...

Thank you, Debra, for being such a wonderful encourager!