Thursday, August 06, 2015

Homemaking Groove





Today I am clipping and organizing coupons. I will then prepare my shopping list and menu based on the sale items and try to match coupons to those items for the best prices. 

I've been rereading Debra's money-saving posts and how she manages to buy her groceries for 1970s prices. I'll be happy with 80s prices, eh?

I also want to clean out my pantry and get it reorganized. It really needs it!

At the moment, I have bread slices baking in the oven so I can make my own bread crumbs. I'm using this recipe.

Immediately afterwards, I will slip a chocolate cake (from a cake mix) in the oven to use up some leftover purple icing. 

For lunch I am making tuna/egg salad (yum!), and instead of bread, I will use it on the King's Hawaiian hot dog buns before they go stale. 

I'm getting back into my homemaking groove and it feels wonderful!

What are you doing today?


If you'd like to receive my posts by email, you'll receive a free gift from me. See the top right corner of the home page! My latest writing project, How to Create Abundance at Home, is now available on Amazon for $2.99 or free with kindle unlimited.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

I don't think I have ever left a comment, but I have been reading for a while. I am currently working to tighten the purse strings and stretch my pennies into dimes! Thanks for the inspiration to keep plugging along at it.

allisamazing said...

Sounds like a great day!

Theresa F said...

I'd be happy with 2010 grocery prices :). Food goes up weekly here it's insane!! Couponing isn't very lucrative here in Canada but I still use them occasionally. Price matching is my favourite way to keep costs down. I notice more and more people doing it as prices keep rising.

You sound like you are having a very productive day.

Tracy Lee said...

Hello Wendi! So lovely to hear from you. Many are in the same boat of tightening the purse strings. There is no shame in that. :)

Thank you, Allisamazing!

Theresa F - yes, 2010 was most certainly far more affordable than today's prices. That was before 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina!!

Karla Neese said...

Oh my goodness food is so expensive! We've cut out so many things for health reasons and have actually started spending less but it's still expensive. I remember when I fed my little family of 4 for a month on the amount I spend in less than 2 weeks! EEEK! Unfortunately, because of the way we eat now, there really aren't coupons available so it is what it is.

But getting back into a groove as best I can would help. Like Stella, I need to learn how to get my groove on. :)

Fiona Ferris said...

I need to get back into the homemaking groove too - with housework!