Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Beachy Decorating Ideas

Anyone who knows me knows I love anything to do with the beach. It is my favorite place to relax and just be! 

I am slowly redecorating our home with the beach in mind. I like to call my style Contemporary Coastal

I had the idea of buying a large canvas and doing my own abstract seascape painting, similar to this: 


(via)

And then, I stumbled across the idea of taking decorative ceiling medallions and painting them in pastel beachy colors and hanging them as art, like this: 

(via)

Both would pop against my milk chocolate painted walls! Not to mention they would be fairly inexpensive to do.

I love easy DIY decor!

If you'd like to receive my posts by email, you'll receive a free gift from me. See the top right corner of the home page! 

3 comments:

Theresa F said...

Really pretty. Seem like they could be duplicated fairly inexpensively.

Fiona Ferris said...

Both great ideas Tracy!

Mimi Mama said...

Tracy I LOVE this idea! I've been searching for some wall décor that isn't a print or a painting and here you are! Would you share this at Five Star Frugal this week? I'd love to have you. Mimi xxx
http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/five-star-frugal-15the-pink-one.html