Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Batten Down the Hatches




Theresa F commented on my last post saying she hoped all was well. That's when I realized it's been nearly a month since I have written a peep here and I do apologize.

I've been busy with writing projects and personal family issues. And there has also been financial stress to deal with and job uncertainties. 

So it's time to batten down the hatches.

I've decided enough is enough. There comes a time when one must buckle down and get back to basics. I've floundered and failed, but I have not given up.

It's time to get serious and pull all my money saving tricks out of my hat and put them to use. I've already canceled the Sunday paper subscription, dropped the DVD plan from Netflix, as well as Kindle Unlimited subscription. 

But I must become even more radical.

And I am.

Because I can no longer tolerate being in debt and having no savings to fall back on in a time of need. Becoming financially responsible and more independent is a form of self-care. 

Better late than never, eh?

Be prepared to hear lots more from me in the coming days ahead and weeks ahead (who am I kidding -- months and years!).



If you'd like to receive my posts by email, you'll receive a free gift from me. See the top right corner of the home page!

My latest writing project, How to Create Abundance at Home,  is now available on Amazon for $2.99 or free with kindle unlimited. 

7 comments:

CTMOM said...

Sorry that you are going thru some difficulties. One step and one day at a time. Good luck!

Tracy Lee said...

Thank you, CTMom!

Theresa F said...

Sorry to hear you are going through some uncertainty with jobs. I am sick of being on debt as well. Here's to debt freedom!!

I enjoy your posts and am glad you posted :).

Tracy Lee said...

Thank you, Theresa! Here's to debt freedom!! We can do this!

allisamazing said...

I am looking forward to your future posts. We are working towards debt freedom and it is hard work. You are not alone on this journey :)

Tracy Lee said...

Thank you Allisamazing! It is good to have you here. :)

Fiona Ferris said...

Nice to have you back Tracy, best to you!