Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Autumn Musings



The past two mornings have been so refreshing! It was noticeably cooler with humidity being little to none. It's a reminder that summer is quickly fading and soon autumn will be making her arrival.

I am looking forward to baking and having the windows open with the curtains blowing in the breeze. I do no real baking in summer to keep the house from heating up and making the air conditioner work harder. 

This autumn I'd like to expand my soup skills. My family loves my homemade chicken & dumplings and cheesy potato soup, but I'd like to make a hearty stew. Pare that with homemade bread and you have a wonderfully filling meal!

Right now I'm missing homemade treats. Cookies galore - peanut butter, oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip and the classic chocolate chip cookies. I'm not much of a cake person, but brownies are a delight. We can't forget various muffins, cinnamon rolls, and pancakes for breakfast...  

The holiday season is just around the corner which means lots of baking items on sale. I plan to take advantage of these sales to build my stockpile. Also hams and turkeys are usually on sale and are beneficial to add to your freezer stockpile. 

I've been really inspired lately by Annabel's blog, The Bluebirds Are Nesting. She writes about building her home and pantry. She shares her beautiful crafts as well as money saving and beauty tips.  I'm sure you will love her as much as I do. So pop over and say hi!

 So tell me -- are you looking forward to autumn?


If you'd like to receive my posts by email, you'll receive a free gift from me. See the top right corner of the home page! 

6 comments:

Theresa F said...

I absolutely love autumn. Today here in Ontario it is chilly and fall is definitely in the air. I need to get a yummy pumpkin candle and I am all set.

Mimi Mama said...

Hi Tracy! You paint such a perfect picture with curtains blowing and cookies baking. How gorgeous! I love Annabels blog too. Full of pretty pics and inspiration. Love, Mimi xxx

...... Bobbi said...

I love autumn and I love the curtains blowing with the crisp breeze. You have written a beautiful post about the upcoming season.

Rhonda said...

Do you really mean heart stew, as in a beef heart?

Yes, Annabel writes a wonderful blog!

Tracy Lee said...

Rhonda, that was supposed to be a HEARTY stew. I have corrected it! :)

Annabel Smith said...

Dear Tracy,
Thank you very much! This was such a surprise!
As you know were are going into spring instead. I am celebrating that first with some spring cleaning, doing my windows etc so I can fully enjoy the brighter weather.
The change of seasons does us good I think.
Thank you for mentioning The Bluebirds are Nesting! With love, Annabel.xxx