Monday, April 13, 2015

Things To Remember While Creating Changes





When you are on the path to creating a life you love, it is easy to get discouraged and overwhelmed. After all, you want to change everything, like yesterday! 

However, many of us have limitations that prevent us from going all out. That may be a good thing in the long run because radical, fast change is usually not sustainable.

It is better to go within and think about what is important to you (because this is YOUR life) and create an action plan based on those things. 

It is okay to take baby steps! Any forward progress is still progress, however small. And it is better than doing nothing at all. Celebrate any, and all, success.

Be kind to yourself. Lasting change takes time. You are creating new habits that will benefit you in the future.

Start where you are. Don't let money limit you. Many things you can do yourself for free or for very little output. Be creative and think outside the box.

Ignore the naysayers. Many people are uncomfortable with change and may unknowingly try to sabotage your progress. Don't let anyone stand in the way of creating a life you love!

Keep at it! Don't let little setbacks stop you. Just jump back in and continue on. Failure only comes to those who give up.

Are there changes in your life you are working on? What areas are you struggling with? Which areas are you succeeding in? 

Discuss in the comments section.

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

There are always changes in my life which at times are challenging and yet so rewarding. For now I'm working at my healthy living and although it's been tough it's also good to see the changes that have happened. Am I always successful, no however I keep plugging along.

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Ah creating change... I am my own worst enemy. My biggest nay-sayer. I struggle with self doubt-- outside influence from others doesn't bother me as much as self doubt. :/
I probably need to put no. 1 into practice-- and be KIND to myself.
I do have changes taking place, it seems like all the time-- I'm most successful or I feel most successful when I just jump in and do it! No time for over thinking.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I needed this! I am entering a new season of my life and oh my you are so right I want all the changes and new life YESTErDaY! Thank you for the reminder to take baby steps!