Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Consequences of Neglecting Health



For the past couple of days, I have been experiencing severe shoulder and neck pain. I cannot turn my head, lift my arms up or out, nor brush my own hair.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and got adjusted. I was all out of alignment and was instructed to wear a travel pillow to support my head and neck if I was up out of bed.

If it's not better by tomorrow, I will have to go back. 

This didn't just spring up overnight. I have been dealing with tight muscles in my neck and shoulder for a few months, but I thought it would eventually work itself out. It did not. Now I am paying the price. 

You don't realize how much you use certain muscles until you experience pain doing what you would normally do. 

For me, this has been a wake up to not neglect my health. I must begin to take better care of myself. I hope to have this issue resolved soon and get back to my normal life. 

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better soon Tracy. It's so true that we take our good health for granted until something goes wrong.