Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rainy Days Are Perfect





I love rainy days at home when I don't have anywhere to go. And since my area is expecting rain all week, what better time to think of things to do for work around the home and for pleasure.

Rainy days are perfect for puttering around my home, cleaning and tidying as I go. Maybe even rearranging furniture to create a new look without spending a penny.

Rainy days are perfect for getting dinner going in the crock pot and baking a simple treat such as brownies or cookies.

Rainy days are perfect for catching up on recorded programs I haven't had time to watch, to read a book or write in my journal.

Rainy days are perfect for afternoon naps. I listen to the rain drum on the roof top like a lullaby.

Rainy days are perfect for listening to music or sitting quietly with my own thoughts.

Rainy days are perfect for playing a board game or working a jigsaw puzzle.

Rainy days are perfect for culling emails, blogs, and liked Facebook pages.

Rainy days are perfect for browsing through cookbooks for scrumptious dinner ideas.

Rainy days are perfect for organizing those irritating areas in our home ~ a junk drawer, the linen closet, the pantry?

Rainy days are perfect for catching up with a friend ~ a phone call or meeting for a cup of coffee.

Rainy days are perfect for pampering yourself: give yourself a facial, hot oil hair treatment, do your nails or enjoy a soak in a warm bubble bath.

Rainy days are perfect for clipping and organizing coupons, planning your garden, or working on a hobby.

Rainy days are perfect for writing a love letter to your spouse - just because.

Rainy days are perfect for yoga and deep breathing exercises.

Rainy days are perfect for sorting through your wardrobe and putting pieces together in a new way.

Rainy days are perfect for walking, kissing, and dancing in the rain.

Rainy days are perfect for enjoying dinner by candlelight.

Rainy days are perfect for comfort foods.

Rainy days are perfect for simply being alive.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Lovely ideas and a lot I do as well on rainy or snow days.

Scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree. I love rainy days.