Thursday, April 09, 2015

Imagination and Creating My Own Reality



 As I strive to purge my life of excess and simplify, I find my personal tastes in many areas have changed. While in the process of elimination I am honing in on my personal style.

I used to be a frou-frou, shabby chic loving girl. Now I lean towards the natural tones and a streamlined look. Though I live in town, I am decorating as if I had my own little beach cottage.

I adore the sea. It is my favorite place to be. 



I want to bring the spirit of the sea to my home, so my main colors are taupe, blue, and white with touches of green and yellow for little pops of color.

I am creating my own little oasis, a beach resort, at home. I have grand plans for the backyard. In a few years (perhaps once we are debt-free, as a reward!) I want to put in an above ground pool and build a spacious deck so we can entertain friends and family and enjoy swimming without crowds and traffic hassles. 

Just an example...


In the meantime, I plan to work on the problem areas of our yard and make it the prettiest I possibly can now. I want to keep the yard very simple. No lavish gardens for me because I despise weeding. 

Instead, I'll do flower containers to add interest and color to the front porch and back deck. And I'll also add a lounger and a small table to hold my drink while I'm sunbathing.

I may not be vacationing at a fancy resort, but I can imagine I am there. I can create my own reality.  

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Love what you are doing and the wonderful plan you have for your yard. Great job!

Terri Cheney said...

Wish they would put a 'like' button on posts! Love these ideas and plans.

Stephanie said...

I love this. It really illustrates that we can make the most out of wherever we are, right now, and nothing stands in our way of doing that. How uplifting!

Rhonda said...

Like this post so much!