In today's world it seems everyone is always busy and in a rush. Are we really accomplishing all that we think we are or are we just adding greater stress to our life?
I propose the idea of enjoying a slower life where we can enjoy the simpler things.
1. Create simple routines to make your life easier. Make a menu for the week and do the shopping in one swoop. Always clean up after meals.
2. Allow yourself ample time for appointments and outings. Leave a little earlier so you are less stressed by traffic delays and can arrive at your destination unflustered.
3. Do less. We only have 24 hours each day. We do not have to do and be all for everyone. Cut out the things of least importance and begin to focus on what matters.
4. Stop multi-tasking. Focus on one thing at a time and do it to the best of your abilities.
5. Eat slowly. Savor the taste and aroma of the food you are eating. Not only is slower eating better for you digestion, but it aids in your body registering it's satisfied before you are stuffed to the gills.
6. Stop comparisons. Your life is your own and you don't have to compete with anyone. Focus on what you really want out of life and forget about what everyone else is doing. Live and let live.
7. Spend time in nature. Nature is such a fascinating thing. I love to watch the birds and animals, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin and listening to the wind and rain. Nature is soothing and calming. We could all use more of that!
We all only have one life to live. You need time to think and dream, to rest, and appreciate each day for what it is.
By slowing down and focusing on the most important things, it enables you to appreciate the life you are living, make changes when necessary and enjoy the journey.