Thursday, February 26, 2015

Productive Day at Home




It's a dreary, rainy Winter day so I'm focusing on being productive indoors. (This was actually yesterday. I'm publishing a day later.)

I've scrubbed down the bathroom. 

The plastic shower curtain was looking rather horrid so I took it down for a good soaking in bleach and then scrubbed it with a brush. Though not perfect, it looks a lot better than it did!

I made my hardworking husband lunch before he left for work. 

I realized I've spent less than $14 this week on food items by using what's in the pantry/freezer.  

There's a load of clothes in the washer. I will do Alfred's work clothes next.

Alfred added at least $3 in change to the money jar last night. I wonder how much that jar holds? It is quite large...like an old moonshine jug?

Scrubbed the tile kitchen floor on my hands and knees with diluted vinegar. The mop doesn't always get all the stains up, so occasionally I like to do it the old-fashioned way.

Washed up dishes from breakfast and lunch.

Vacuumed dining room/office.

Fed the dogs.

Decluttered my desk and found a dime. :)

Made a pitcher of tea.

Clipped coupons and organized them. 

Had dinner and cleaned up afterwards.

Alfred has a plantar wart on his foot and it is sometimes quite painful for him to walk. I applied clear nail polish to cut off air and then covered it with a piece of duct tape. It is a home remedy I found on the internet that has apparently helped many with the same dilemma. We shall see.

Relaxed with a book to read before bed.  
***
Having had enough of a pity party and sitting around worrying myself to death, I finally decided to get up and get on with things. The situation is what it is.

I'm focusing my attentions on my home and doing the best I can with what I have now. Time has taught me that this too shall pass, though sometimes I am slow in remembering. Smile. I will survive and things will improve with time. 




4 comments:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

What a wonderfully productive day!
Blessings,
Mrs.B

author said...

I put my vinyl shower curtain in the washing machine along with other whites and add bleach along with the soap. Then I put it in the dryer and take it out and hang it up before it's too dry. It looks brand new!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great productive day.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, So many times have come and gone in having to tighten up the spending. After years of being watchful and frugal has caused us to appreciate the abundance when it comes. That is why canning and buying while on sale is a way to make things last longer. I have kept busy crafting and making little gifts to put in cards for this year!
I always want to put a little something inside them. So I have been making book markers!
I hope to show them on my blog soon! Have a wonderful weekend!
Have you enjoyed any of my posts? I hope you have found a bit of encouragement!
Blessings, Roxy