Thursday, February 12, 2015

Letting Go Feels Like Freedom





I'm in the not-so-simple process of giving the master bedroom a makeover and I can see I have a lot more purging to do in this room.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with that. I'm ready to release even more clutter and radically so. My husband, on the other hand, thinks I've lost my mind. 

Um, whatever.... :)

As we are transforming our bedroom with paint, I am also deep cleaning and purging. It feels good to let things go.

It feels like freedom.

As I edit another layer of belongings, I realize that these things have very little importance in my life. They do not represent who I am now, nor who I am in the process of becoming.

Over the years, I have evolved from shabby chic to a more modern minimalist look. I yearn for simplicity, spaciousness, and greater ease.

I have no desire to hang onto things that have little, if any, value in my life. And these days, I need very little to be happy.

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

You're a girl after my own heart. I'm the same. No desire here to hang on to things. And with that does come the freedom. It's amazing!

Fiona said...

Tracey, I feel the same way about decor. As much as I love looking at shabby chic, ornate French style and English cottage, my own style at home is ideally very simple and sparse. I often wonder why I am drawn to the other styles in magazines, yet don't want them in my home!