Monday, January 19, 2015

The Non-Essentials



I write a lot about being frugal and minimalist living, but that doesn't mean I believe in deprivation or a home devoid of cozy qualities. 

Sometimes it is the non-essential things that bring us great joy and they should not be ignored. Nor do they have to break the budget. There are many non-essentials that do not cost any money at all!

Some of the non-essentials I enjoy are:

Dark chocolate
Yoga
Music
Writing
Novels
Scented candles
Nail polish
Polka dot pajamas
Sweet scented lotions
Birdsong
Walks along the seashore
Afternoon naps
Soft blankets

Notice that most of my non-essentials are free and the ones that I do spend money on are not necessarily expensive, but they make life more enjoyable.

Skimp on the things that are unimportant so you can spend more on the things that are important to you. 

3 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I like your list of Non-essentials-
I'd change one thing,
TAKING A NAP. It would be higher on the list! ha!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love your list of non-essentials.

topchelseagirl said...

We all need some treats in life!