Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Spring-Like Weather, Yard Projects, and Books




The weather here in south Alabama has been beautiful! It reached 70 degrees yesterday. I have been spending more time outdoors sitting on the porch or working in the yard. 

I began raking the backyard which led to me clearing brush along the fence line. Here is one corner of the back yard which looks nice now... 




  Today I worked in the front yard. In my quest to simplify the garden bed in front of the porch has been pulled up and all plants removed. They will be transplanted in the backyard. We are going to let the grass fill in the area. The less weeding, the better for me!



In the past few days I have also been reading. Last night I finished Firefly Beach, a novel by Meira Pentermann. It's full of descriptions and cozy details, along with a good story line. If you like mysteries, you will enjoy this book.

I then started A Horse Called September by Anne Digby. I love horses and my birthday is in September so of course I just had to read it.

What's the weather like where you live? What projects are you working on? Have you read any good books lately?

5 comments:

topchelseagirl said...

70 degrees - you're so lucky. It has been snowing here today. Brrr!

Rhonda IfYouDoStuffStuffGetsDone said...

It's not quite warm enough for outdoor work here. But all in all, we are thankfuly having a mild winter.
Books- my daughter gave the huge 15 season Americas Test Kitchen cookbook for Christmas. It has so many good sounding recipes but I think it is the heaviest book I've ever read.

Hope you make lots of progress with your yard work!

Scrappy quilter said...

Warm and getting warmer. Nice for this time of the year, I am reading "what I knoe for sure" by Oprah.

Theresa F said...

-18 degrees Celsius. FREEZING!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy!
Love the photo in this post. Well, we ere having great weather until today. Cold and rainy.
I just finished a mystery novel that I was none too impressed with! This is the perfect day to curl up with a good book.
Laurie