Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Not Just Surviving, But Thriving





December will be the month that shows us whether or not we can make it on just my husband's income. You better believe I'm going to do all I can to see to it that we do not just survive but thrive as well. 

By thriving, I mean that all of our bills are paid each month. We are able to continue to add to our savings and Christmas Club accounts. We are eating well and enjoying a more frugal life.

Enjoying life is not about spending money. It's about being happy and content with what we have. Being able to creatively meet our needs. Enjoying the often overlooked simple things in life. Doing more, while spending less. 

It is a challenge I accept without hesitation. I was made for this and I am determined to win! I am a woman on a mission.


3 comments:

Theresa F said...

You can do it. Just tune out the materialistic call of society. Happiness is not found at the mall! :)

allisamazing said...

So often we get so caught up in spending that it is good to take time to slow down and remember the important simple things of life :)

Tracy Hathcock said...

For me, that's not hard to do! I've never been big on materialism. I can't tell you girls how much I've missed being home and having the energy to appreciate the simple things in life!