Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Money Saving Goals for 2015





Sandy at Grandma's Frugal Days shared her money savings goals and asked her readers to do the same. So here are mine:

~ Add $2,000 to savings ($166/month)

~ Pay off CC#2 with a balance of $5,271.41
   Anesthesia bill                               $920.00
   ER bill                                         $1,145.00
   Total ------------------------------->$7,336.41

~ Keep grocery budget at $500/month or less for the four of us, including pet foods and non-food items. This also includes any entertaining that we will do.

~ I am aiming to have a zero dollar Christmas in 2015 by using Swagbucks, SavingStar, and cashback on CC#1 (which will be paid off by the end of this month...WooHoo!)

~ To lower utility bills (electric and water) by 10%

~ To have four no-drive days per week in order to save on gas and car maintenance.

~ We are selling Alfred's motorcycle (to clear that debt) and his tool box to (to replace living room floor with tile).

~ Pack Alfred's lunch 4 days out of 5 each week.

~ We have budgeted $100 to spend on birthday gifts for our children.

~ I will strive to carefully budget our finances each month and monitor spending, as well as look for additional ways to save money and reduce outgoing expenses. 

Do you have any money goals for 2015 that you would like to share?

5 comments:

Sandy M. said...

Hi Tracy,

I love your goals and wish you the best of luck in keeping them. I think we can all help each other out with ideas.

A Zero Dollar Christmas next year would be so wonderful! :-)

Tracy Hathcock said...

Thank you, Sandy! A zero dollar Christmas would be wonderful indeed!

Rhonda IfYouDoStuffStuffGetsDone said...

Hi Tracy, we have one big goal for 2015- to pay off our one line Of credit and then My husband plans to retire.
We think it is doable as long as nothing crazy happens.

We are about 20 years older than you and Alfred and were probably in a similar financial situation as you 20 years ago.

I hope we all meet our goals in 2015

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I'm trying so hard to tweak our budget right now.
We have a money crunch coming in January and in February...possibly lasting until March!
Our biggest Money saving goal for 2015 is to finally sell the house and get rid of that debt.
Retiring when he did-- wasn't wise, but with his health declining(heart attack) two years into retirement-- well, no going back.
I'm so hoping to sell and buy something small for cash from the sale. OUR main GOAL!
Best wishes to you Tracy on your goals for next year. :)

Mrs. Miano said...

Every year in January we sit down and go over our budget. We have some increases coming in 2015- my twins will be driving in a few months and my youngest this coming summer but one good thing is we have one coming out of braces. So really we just have to re write our budget to direct the funds properly. I will always be looking for better ways/ New ways to save any way I can....because it really does add up. All we have left (after the braces) is the house. So we'll be working that down...in 2 years 3 of the 4 kiddos will be in college so thats where every last penny will go I am sure. My first will be done with college in late 2015...so one down 3 to go!! Have you ever watched TLC's show Extreme Cheapskates?? I have caught a few on Youtube and see clearly I could save more...but find myself wondering...just how far would I go to save a buck....LOL!!