Friday, December 12, 2014

Let It Go






We all get hurt in life, but I decided long ago I did not want to turn into a bitter old woman who never had anything good to say. I don't want to be a complainer or be around negativity.

It takes just as much energy to be miserable as it does to be happy, so why not choose happiness? 

Train yourself to think positive thoughts and to look for the good every day. There is always something to be thankful for and there is always someone who has it worse than you do.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Some people will hurt you, but you've got to forgive and move on. Don't let bitterness take over your heart! It's not worth it.

I'm not saying you have to let people mistreat you. Um...my Mama didn't raise me that way! I don't believe most people set out to intentionally hurt others, but it happens. We're human. We make mistakes. 

Don't hold onto those hurts or grudges because it's only hurting and making you miserable. The other person hasn't got a clue! Forgive and then it's all on them.

Life is just too darn short to waste on bitterness, hate, and negativity. Today, take a deep breath and let it all go.

1 comment:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Well said...
and very good advice; not just at Christmas,
...but especially, at Christmas. (everyday, you know?)

have a wonderful day, friend.