Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Keeping the Christmas Spirit All Year





Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the generosity of spirit, the joviality, and the magic of Christmas. I began wishing every day could be this way. And it can be, but it starts with me.

Am I generous? 
Am I jovial?
Do I notice and appreciate the magic of ordinary days?

As I mentioned the other day, I am already beginning to prepare for Christmas 2015, but I thought it would be fun to create a Christmas club where we spend the 25th of each month preparing for the holiday season, do a little each month so it's not overwhelming.

Some ideas I will be doing:
- Add $25 to Christmas Club account
- Read a Christmas Novella on my Kindle (They are very inexpensive!)
- Work on any homemade gifts I intend to give
- Listen to Christmas music
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Eat a candy cane
- Light a candle with a holiday scent
- Purchase an item to go in a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child or Salvation Army's Angel Tree

Won't you join me? Please share any activities you'll be doing on the 25th of each month below in the comments!


2 comments:

a8383 said...

What a great idea! Wish I had done it this year. Haha! Angela

Diann said...

What a wonderful idea! Every day can be Christmas Day, can't it? No I'm not jovial every day and I can be! I will be! What an inspiring post for the new year.