Sunday, December 07, 2014

How I Do It: Homemaking and Lists




When it comes to homemaking, lists are my friend. I know many people make a list of what they want to accomplish for each day but I can not do that. Instead, it's easier for me to make a list for the week. 

I write down the things that need to be done and the things that irritate me most. Then I start tackling them one by one and mark them off the list when completed. Whatever doesn't get completed, goes on the list for the following week.

Other lists I use/refer to:
~ Projects
~ Menus
~ Grocery shopping
~ Gift lists
~ Holiday plans and preps
~ Budget
~ Goals
~ Self-improvement

I plan to buy a notebook specifically for all my lists to keep them all together in one place. That will help to minimize paper clutter in my home as well. 

I'm all about keeping things as simple as possible. 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am definitely a list user, as well as a Planner junkie! I have found though that it's just as effective to make my own forms and use a 3 ring notebook. That way, you can always make new forms and you aren't spending money each year for a new planner. Donny Young has free forms and calendars online.