Monday, December 01, 2014

Home Is Where I Shine



“It's sad if people think that's (homemaking) a dull existance, [but] you can't just buy an apartment and furnish it and walk away. It's the flowers you choose, the music you play, the smile you have waiting. I want it to be gay and cheerful, a haven in this troubled world. I don't want my husband and children to come home and find a rattled woman. Our era is already rattled enough, isn't it?” 
~Audrey Hepburn


We had a wonderful four day holiday together with lots of good food, family time, naps and birthday cake. And now, as Alfred returns to work, I will begin dusting off my rusty homemaking skills now that I'm a full time housewife.

And it feels wonderful!

With my meals planned out for the week and the grocery shopping done, I am free to declutter, clean, and reorganize to my heart's content. I also plan get some baking done.

You will never hear me say I am bored at home. There is always something to do. This is where my creativity comes into use. This is where I am most appreciated. 

Home is where I shine the brightest.


4 comments:

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

... and shouldn't we shine the brightest at home? For the ones we love the most!
Enjoy your time at home, Tracy!

allisamazing said...

Loved the quote by Audrey Hepburn! It is so true!

Laotian Chic said...

Love this quote by Audrey Hepburn! I could now say confidently that I"m a homemaker in this rat race in Bangkok and not feel belittled but yes, shine the brightest for my family at home. Thanks for this post Tracy, cheers!

Debbie said...

Home is definitely where I was meant to be! I've been home for 21 years now and we've survived 3 layoffs! You just make due with what you have, cut back when you need to and when you have a little extra you can get what you need.

Many years ago, a friend told us that "You spend what you make" and we have found that to be so true. Every time my husband's salary has changed, we have adjusted and made it work.

It's really all about priorities and choices.