Monday, December 15, 2014

Countdown to Christmas





Though I am still waiting on two gifts to come in, all others have been wrapped. No late night gift wrapping on Christmas Eve this year! 

I signed up for the 30 day trial for Amazon Prime earlier this month. I will cancel it the day after Christmas to avoid being charged any fees. I was able to get free two day shipping on all orders by doing this which saved me money.

On the 20th we are getting together with Alfred's three sisters to visit and exchange gifts. We are doing snacky foods rather than a big meal. I will bring Buffalo Chicken Dip

I want to do some Christmas baking in the days leading up to Christmas.

Alfred will have both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off with holiday pay. Christmas Eve we will sit around watching Christmas movies while enjoying hot cocoa. Dinner will be appetizers and then we'll go drive around town looking at Christmas lights.

Christmas Day we are going to Mama's around 4pm to eat and exchange gifts with my side of the family. We drew names this year and had a $50 limit. Still need to get with Mama to see what she wants me to bring food wise.

Will you believe I am already planning for next year?

Oh yes! I don't want to be caught unprepared, nor do I want the stress of waiting until the last minute to buy gifts and celebrate.

Each week I deposit money into my Christmas Club account in addition to the $10 auto debit.

Since I am home full time, I have time to do Swagbucks. I have earned $10 in free gift cards and am well on my way to a third $5 card in the next day or so. I use those to shop on Amazon.com. If you would like to sign up for Swagbucks, please consider using me as a referral....www.swagbucks.com/refer/SeaStar1.


Are you ready for Christmas? Have you begun to make plans for Christmas 2015?

No comments: