Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Fresh Start





While every day brings the opportunity to have a fresh start, there is just something about embarking on a new year that it makes it more exciting.

With a new year you get a clean slate. There are 365 glorious days to fill with lovely things, goals to achieve, improvements to make, and to live your best life.

I can't wait to hang up my new calendar of tropical beaches, use my home budget notebook and write in my new journal. Tonight I plan to sit down and write out my goals for 2015 on paper. 

I tend to dream big, but my feeling is this: If I don't hit the goal, I haven't lost anything. I'm still closer to the goal than I was before and that's always good.

Progress, not perfection.

Are you excited about the New Year? Do you make resolutions or just wing it? Please share in the comments. I love to hear from you!


3 comments:

vmichelle said...

I'm always excited by the New Year, whether I make resolutions or not. This year I'll be setting a few goals, but things I feel excited and happy about - not anything that feels punishing. Happy New Year to you!

Theresa F said...

"Progress, not perfection"....I love that!

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Hi Tracy,

No, I don't make resolutions ... but with that said, I am a goal setter and planner whether there is a new year or not. I outline goals and flesh out the details as we progress through the year.

Happy New Year to you and yours,
Mrs.B