Friday, November 28, 2014

Why I Love Being a Housewife





I am in control of my own time and working on my own timetable. No punching time clocks.

I know what needs to be done here in my home and I can choose to do it or not. It's my decision.

I don't have to cater to inconsiderate jerks. Oh, the peace!

I can do things the way I want.

I make my own decisions.

No alarm clocks or working over!

I can be creative and unique. 

No uniform policy. I can dress for whatever job I'm doing that day.

I'm not training robots here. I encourage my children to pursue what they love and be unique individuals. 

I can be here on the days my husband gets off early, plus every weekend!!

I can declutter, clean, and organize to my hearts' content.

I can eat when I'm hungry, rest when tired and take as many sick days as I want.

I don't have to leave my house when it's cold or rainy unless I just have to.

Being home is a joy. No two days are ever the same. My homemaking skills are a bit rusty, but it will all come back to me. I get to pinch pennies, bake, rearrange furniture, and create tasty home-cooked meals. Homemaking is an adventure in creativity.

And I'm enjoying the journey.

4 comments:

allisamazing said...

So true!

Theresa F said...

I too love being home. I work 6 days a month and the rest is spent enjoying my home and family. I am grateful my husband values me being home.

Laotian Chic said...

I love being a homemaker too! I couldn't ask for more and just being able to do what I do best is at home:)

LadyLydia said...

This is the most original and perfect explanation I have ever read. It should be a classic.