Wednesday, November 05, 2014

In My Kitchen This Week




The weather has turned cooler so it's time for heartier meals and comfort foods. This week I'm serving:

~ Beef tips, rice and gravy
~ King Ranch Chicken
~ Cheesy Potato Soup with cornbread
~ Chili with crackers
~ Spaghetti with garlic bread and green beans
~ Chicken Nuggets, mac&cheese, green beans
~ Chicken and dumplings with cornbread

If you notice, the meals get progressively easier the further into the week I get. That's because I get more tired as the week goes on and this is my long week. I'm working Monday through Saturday.

I spent $62 at the grocery store to feed seven, including a $12 bag of dog food, so technically $50 for people food! *smile* I took stock of what I had in the pantry and freezer and made a list after checking the sales flyer. I didn't have to buy any meats this week.

With the holiday season approaching the stores are beginning to have sales on their baking  items and holiday foods. Now is the time to stock up!

From my table to yours, 

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good job!

Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Could you share how you managed such a low cost shopping for this week? I'm jealous!

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Seeing your budget for one week and SEVEN people...and dogs-- makes me proud of you. But has me second guessing my shopping for the month!
I think my grocery bill has been averageing about $60 a week for the two of us...plus my grandkids during the week. :/ I think I can do better!
Especially since I had a month a few back...when I didn't shop for groceries. That averaged out to be about half the savings! So about $30 /week. So I know I can definitely do better.
I'm with you...cooler temps means heartier meals. The fill the tummies and there is hardly any waste or left overs. AND I LIKE THAT!

Terri Cheney said...

It all sounds so good!