Sunday, November 23, 2014

Do Less.




May I make a suggestion, dear reader?

With the holiday season already upon us, I want you to think about lowering your expectations and simply do less.

What is supposed to be a peaceful season, is often anything but. We have busy schedules and already tight budgets. We don't have to do every activity or throw a holiday extravaganza. The world will not end, I promise!
~*~
Instead, gather your family and ask them what their favorite things/activities about the holidays are and focus on those.

Simplify holiday decor.

Do not go into debt to buy gifts. Present the idea of exchanging names for gifts and put a cap on the amount spent.

Simplify the holiday meal. You don't need tons of sides or desserts. Make the family favorites and let it go.

Do something for you. We, as wives and mothers, are often so busy caring for everyone else, we let ourselves fall to the bottom of the list. That's a big no-no in my book!

You have no idea what to do for you? Oh, sweet one, no worries. Here are a few ideas:


Schedule that haircut you've been putting off or try a new way to style your hair.


Paint your toes a gorgeous shade of red!


Take a nap. 


Enjoy a mug of hot cocoa.


Daydream.


Call your BFF for a long chat. Meet for brunch. Or meet up to do your last minute Christmas shopping together.


Do less and enjoy the season!


3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I agree~ and I want a hot chocolate as big as my head like the one in the photo :)

happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

Georgene G. said...

Amen! Thank you! I needed permission to do less! I really did! :-)

Fiona said...

Beautifully said dear Tracy and I love all the images you've chosen. They are very calming.