Monday, October 27, 2014

Working On the Master Bedroom






I had the day off work and focused on cleaning our bedroom. 

We recently bought our first brand new bed in twenty-two years of marriage. Ours new bed is king size. Until now we've always had a full size. 

As I am cleaning, I keep thinking about what else I can get rid of. I want spacious rooms with as little furniture as possible. 

Since I have begun decluttering and simplifying my life, I have noticed I do not visit shops for retail therapy (not that I ever did very much of that before). I do not want to add anything to my life that I will later discard.

So I just keep peeling away the layers of excess while making plans to spruce up each room with the colors of the sea, textured fabrics, framed (inexpensive) art, cleared surfaces....

Simple.
Luxurious.
Tranquil. 

I refuse to settle for just any old thing. The things I now buy must be beautiful and useful, whether it be clothing or home furnishings. I am willing to save my pennies in order to do so. I believe in quality over quantity.

Making progress, slowly but surely...


3 comments:

Terri Cheney said...

Enjoy the new bed. It will sleep like heaven, lol. John and I slept in a full sized bed for years until we moved here and bought a queen. I'll never go back to full again. Saw your photo of the room on facebook and I think it looks great!

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I totally understand what you mean about buying something only to discard it later.
Not only does it clutter the home...it clutters the heart and mind!
good job keep up the great work!

Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

You are my hero and an ongoing inspiration.