Monday, October 13, 2014

Projects






Sunday was a very productive day at home. Alfred and I finally got around to decluttering the dumping ground carport and two outside storage rooms. We got rid of a ton of stuff and organized what was left. All of this was accomplished in approximately three hours.

Afterwards I made us lunch then we got showers and took a glorious nap. I also got all the laundry done and dinner was barbecue chicken cooked in the crock pot with macaroni salad as a side dish.

Next weekend, we're working on the backyard. Lots to be done there! There are always more projects than I have time for, but it is so satisfying to get these things done and watch the transformation unfold.

Today, I'll be working inside cleaning and seeing what else I can declutter. Though I have gotten rid of so much already, there are still areas that need going through. In time, all will be done. I just do what I can as I can get to it. 

Are you working on any projects? Please share. I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You are making accomplishments that bring you joy and contentment.

You are doing a great job.

FlowerLady

Chy said...

We had our Thanksgiving feast yesterday, which started with a 2 day de-cluttering spree. Loved getting rid of the things that had suddenly accumulated around the house. Then we power cleaned and made the most delicious dinner for our family. Today is a rest and enjoy the beautiful fall weather day. And tomorrow is another day off for the two of us so we're off to do some door shopping and appliance shopping for our new house. Next weekend is garage cleaning day on Saturday and final yardwork on Sunday. Our last project before the snow flies is to repaint our outside windows and trim. Then it's just a matter of packing and painting inside the house. Soon we'll be done and moved. Can't wait!