Sunday, September 21, 2014

Simple Pleasures





Being busy with work and home, I do not always pay attention to life's little pleasures. However, I am trying to become more mindful of them. 

There is a reason "they" say to stop and smell the roses. If you fail to notice and acknowledge the little things that bring you pleasure, then life has passed you buy and all you can remember is work. Ugh!

Here is my list of this week's simple pleasures:

~ Putting on a nightgown that is clean and freshly washed.

~ The taste of dark chocolate as it melts in my mouth.

~ Blissful weekend naps with my love.

~ A new gray and black striped sweater that is buttery soft.

~ The feeling of accomplishment after scrubbing my front porch and weeding the front flower bed. They have been so neglected! 

~ Noticing the many leaves are falling and ever so often the breeze is a tad cooler. Autumn will arrive soon!

~ Alfred gave me a dozen roses at work.....just because! 

What are some of your simple pleasures?

3 comments:

Terri Cheney said...

sunrise,sunset, a puddle of leaves at the foot of the pecan tree, working on a flower bed and watching it return from a mess to a neat little spot...

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Crisp clean line dried sheets!
Simple lunches with my hubby; like egg salad sandwiches and iced tea on the porch.
a new light switch in the bathroom... ;)
Friends who gently nudge you to think about life's simple pleasures!
thanks Tracy!

Tammy said...

Watching the sunrise, my cat snuggling on top of my feet for a nap, listening to the grandboys play, working in the garden while watching the birds and bugs and all the other little creatures out there.