For two weeks now I have planned out menu for the week. We are trying to eat a little healthier since a recent checkup showed Alfred had high blood pressure and his triglycerides were very high.
Already we are seeing an improvement in his blood pressure as I am incorporating more vegetables into our dinners and less carbs.
- frozen tilapia fillets, salad
- steak, salad, baked beans
- pork loin, green beans, spinach
- baked chicken, collard green, field peas
- baked pork chops, rice-a-roni, corn
- conecuh sausage, fried potatoes, lima beans
- turkey bacon, eggs, biscuits
- frozen tilapia fillets, rice-a-roni, field peas
- hamburger patties with rice and gravy, green beans
- fish sticks, mac & cheese, veggie
Still a work in progress, but an improvement. I try to include a couple of easy meals each week because I need a break, working full time and all.
As the weather cools down, I'll be incorporating pots of soups and beans. Economical and hearty, hopefully feeding us for more than a day. We shall see....
Note: I've had a few readers email me to say they haven't been able to comment. I've hopefully resolved that issue. If you find you cannot comment via blogger, please contact me. I want to hear from you!