Monday, September 08, 2014

Menu Plan for Two Weeks


For two weeks now I have planned out menu for the week. We are trying to eat a little healthier since a recent checkup showed Alfred had high blood pressure and his triglycerides were very high. 

Already we are seeing an improvement in his blood pressure as I am incorporating more vegetables into our dinners and less carbs. 

Week One:
- frozen tilapia fillets, salad
- steak, salad, baked beans
- pork loin, green beans, spinach
- baked chicken, collard green, field peas
- baked pork chops, rice-a-roni, corn
- pizza
-nachos

Week Two:
- conecuh sausage, fried potatoes, lima beans
- turkey bacon, eggs, biscuits
- frozen tilapia fillets, rice-a-roni, field peas
- hamburger patties with rice and gravy, green beans
- fish sticks, mac & cheese, veggie
- pizza

Still a work in progress, but an improvement. I try to include a couple of easy meals each week because I need a break, working full time and all.

As the weather cools down, I'll be incorporating pots of soups and beans. Economical and hearty, hopefully feeding us for more than a day. We shall see....

Note: I've had a few readers email me  to say they haven't been able to comment. I've hopefully resolved that issue. If you find you cannot comment via blogger, please contact me. I want to hear from you!

4 comments:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Hi Tracy,

HooRay!! I've tried to comment a few times, but I was one of those who couldn't. Thanks for troubleshooting this issue.

For nearly 30 years I've planned out our meals. I find it to be the most effective method to keeping our food costs within a set budget. I also find that 1-2 "easy" meals each week is an important factor to preventing what I call "kitchen burn out". Can you see my two thumbs up?

If you are ever interested in some of the food cost saving methods that work for me OR some VERY economical meal ideas, you are welcome to check out the "From My Kitchen to Yours" page on my blog.

Blessings,
Mrs.B

Tracy Hathcock said...

Thank you, Mrs B! I will certainly check out your page. I'm always looking for ways to reduce expenses and increase my savings.

I'm so glad I figured out the comment problem. I've missed hearing from my readers!

Nita in South Carolina said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're fixing the comment issue, I've tried several times! I'm in an odd situation for menu planning - I work days, my husband is working weird evening/night shifts, son works evenings, and daughter is all over the place with school and babysitting and church activities, so I never know who's going to be home to eat, and thus can't plan any meals. People just grab as they go. This is going to go on for the next year or so, then it will all change again!

Kathy in Illinois said...

I am so glad you fixed your comments too, Tracy. I have not been able to comment for many months. I have always read your blog though. I"m glad you have a full time job now to reduce your debt. It sounds like you are doing well in your frugal living. I will be posting more now. Have a nice day,
God bless, Kathy in Illinois