Friday, September 05, 2014

Frugal Doings




My husband has changed jobs and is often on the road, so I am now packing his lunch each day. Saving us at least $25/week.

Instead of buying soft drinks at work for $0.65 each twice a day I have started buying a 12 pk of drinks for $3.99 or less if it's on sale. Saving us at least $2.51/week.

For the first time in quite a while, I planned a weekly menu before going shopping.

I've made all our dinners this week. No fast food or eating out.

We tinted the windows in our living room and master bedroom to try to keep the house cooler in summer.

It's a rather short list this week, but I'm getting back into my groove. Working full time is kicking my butt! However, I am determined to reign in the food spending and reduce expenses overall.

I am interested to hear from other full-time workers. How do you save money?


No comments: