Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Frugal Doings and Accomplishments






Added money to savings.

Added $9.54 to the change jar from my purse which weighs much less now!

Cooked and ate all meals at home this week.

The fair is in town. The kids went last night for $10/person for admission plus armband for unlimited rides. Regular price is $6 admission plus $20 for the armband. 

Was finally able to clean off my front porch and weeded the front flower bed. I then laid newspaper down in the bed to help block the weeds. This weekend I plan to lay weed blocker fabric & add mulch so it will be done!

No sodas at home. Instead we make sweet tea. 

Planned my menu for the week before shopping for groceries.

Only needed to use $20 for gas this week.

Replaced a couple light bulbs with CFL ones. 

Mailed off several things that needed to be done eons ago!

What frugal things have you done this week? What did you accomplish? Please do share!


4 comments:

Terri Cheney said...

Back when we had five kids at home, we drank Koolaid a lot as a treat and the kids taught me to make it with half the amount of sugar. The other day I made some for John and I. It tasted good and was a nice switch and cost no more than tea to make.

Nita in South Carolina said...

Your purse must have weighed a ton with all that change! :)

Fiona said...

This week I have continued non-stockpiling and only bought the few things we have run out of that need replacing. It feels so nice to have room in the pantry and very satisfying at the supermarket when I have a small trolley-load.

And I also finished up many small chores this week both at work and at home, and it feels AMAZING. Like yours, some had been hanging around for absolutely ages.

Patricia @ Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh! I got .40¢ off gas at the pump with my Thank You card at the grocery!
We ate meals at home...lots of beans and rice and pasta dishes this month. But we've still not gone to the grocery store for September and today is the 28th! Almost like a no spend month...but we had some other expenses.
I made my grand son a pair of jammas for his 1st birthday with recycled clothing from the thrift store! and bought him his first sippy cup and a ball. Pretty inexpensive gift less than $10 --but a hit!
love my frugal life.
Oh and I sold my dryer!