Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Appreciating the Seasons




It may seem odd coming from me, but I am looking forward to Autumn and Winter even. Perhaps I am finally appreciating the beauty of these seasons. 

Everything seems to slow down. There is a quietness in the bare landscape, giving my body and soul time to rest and rejuvenate, along with nature.

It's a time of hibernating and having time to think, dream, and plan.

I am looking forward to quiet evenings and weekends at home, lots of reading, The Walking Dead tv series, hearty soups, hot cocoa, sweaters, baking, holidays, and family gatherings.

It is the simple pleasures that make life sweet.

What are you looking forward to?

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Autumn is my favourite season and winter runs a close second. I love the cosiness of rain. Your cool weather activities sound just perfect.

In saying all that, I am appreciating Spring beginning here. Just having four distinct seasons is a blessing.