Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Frugal Doings





Bought a pair of dress pants I needed for a job interview for $7 on clearance. They were a bit long so I asked Mama to hem them for me. Regular price was $19.97 for the pants. I saved $12.97.



When we bought our sectional sofa a few years ago it came with three large throw pillows. The colors were not to my liking. Several months ago I bought a gorgeous beachy fabric and Mama made slipcovers for them. They are perfect!

I was able to refinance my car loan from a 12.24% interest rate to 3.98%.



Our son bought his first new car, a 2014 Dodge Dart. He got a 5.14% interest rate and his payments are affordable. He bought his own insurance through USAA, who we also use, so we were able to remove him from our policy, lowering the premium.

Each month, I have been tracking our debt balance total. It's so exciting to watch the balance drop! 

One of Alfred's credit cards expired and the company sent us a new one. I have chosen not to activate it so we can pay it off. 

Took the girls bowling last Friday. For Kenzie it was completely free, Kayla and I had to pay for shoe rental which was $6.54 for the both of us. We had a lot of fun!

I've written out my budget for June. 

No comments: