Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Re-evaluating Life




It feels like I'm on a mini vacation with four days in a row off and I am loving it! 

I have been evaluating my life - what works and what does not. I don't get to spend nearly enough time doing the things I enjoy. I'm either at work or trying to catch up on work here at home.

So, I have decided it's time to get busy radically purging my home and my life of that which does not benefit me. 

Home - Decluttering with a vengeance! My sisters and I are planning a yard sale in 5 weeks so I need to work fast and get rid of as much as possible. Since I do the bulk of the house work with little help, everything that is not essential is going. They can't mess it up if there is little here to begin with!

Food - I want to incorporate more salads into my menus now that it's consistently warm weather. Less processed foods and sugar. Charcoal grilled foods, particularly on the weekends. More veggies and fruits. Drink more water.

Clothing - Inspired by Project 333,  I want a minimalist wardrobe. I have never been a clothes (or shoes) horse. Just want to keep it simple, stylish and only wear colors that look good on me.

Yard - this is an area of major work for us at the moment....sweat equity! My goal is to get the yard whipped into shape and then keep it maintained. Flowers and plants are a source of pleasure for me so there will be more container gardening and less areas to weed and mulch. 

Money - The ultimate goal is debt freedom. In the meantime, I will employ frugal tactics to reduce our total balance while increasing our savings. My keeping my/our needs few, it will enable us to have more money in which to apply towards our debts and savings. 

Well-Being - I have resolved to do more of what makes me happy. I have only this one life to live and I want to enjoy it! The things that make me happiest are free - beach days, writing, reading, being out in nature, listening to music, spending time with loved ones and friends.

"Simple living is the way to happy living" 
~ Jonathon Lockwood Huie


No comments: