Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Plans and Progress




Sunday, Alfred and I worked all day on the back yard. This area surrounding the fire pit was really working my last nerve so I decided to try to tackle it. It was so overgrown and an eyesore.




This is what the are looks like now! I have some plants I want to move from the front yard to the raised brick bed and mulch it. I'd hoped to get to it today, but  didn't get around to it.

The girls wanted to go to the mall so we went. Got into the car to come home and all my car does is click, click, click. The motor doesn't turn over. It's dead. I text Alfred who was out of town who tells me to call a friend of ours who works with him. 

Brian, came and jump started my car and I drove it to the shop where they work. My battery, that I just replaced in March, was bad! I got a new battery for free. But I lost two hours I could have been doing yard work. I'll get to it eventually! 

I did get my car washed and vacuumed out today. That's another thing I just have not had time to do in recent weeks. There are always way too many projects to tackle on my off days. I just try to get to the ones that bother me most. I figure eventually everything will get done in due time. 

I have been radically purging my home of things we do not need or use and I can happily say it is so much easier to keep the house clean and tidy! So far, I have tackled the kitchen/pantry, dining room, and the office. My sun room looks like a hoarder's paradise at the moment! I am having a yard sale next month though.

I still need to tackle the master bedroom and bath, plus the outside storage areas. I have approximately four weeks to get this done. So that's what's happening in my little corner of the world this week.




No comments: