Thursday, May 01, 2014

No Spend May



It's a new month and I decided it's time for another no spend month, meaning I won't be spending money on anything but essentials. And by essentials, I mean:

* fuel for vehicles to get to work
* groceries
* medicine/emergency medical expenses 

This month will find us:
* using up all the items in our freezer and pantry
* combining errands to limit fuel consumption
* looking for free entertainment and family fun
* not eating out
* making homemade snacks
* doing yard work
* cleaning, reorganizing and lots of decluttering

The no spend month is going to be challenging no doubt, but it is my goal to save as much money as possible for the lean Winter season when work drops off at Alfred's job and to have a safety cushion for emergencies.

Wish me luck! :)

No comments: