Thursday, April 17, 2014

This and That





I returned to work Tuesday and must work seven days straight before getting a day off - including working through the weekend. I'm tired of working every weekend and holiday. That's time I could be spending with my family. But employers don't care about that. 

Alfred is having trouble again with pain and inflammation in his left hand and arm. I talked to a lady at work who used to be a nurse and she said it sounded just like what her husband has.....carpal tunnel syndrome!

So I went to Walmart and bought a wrist stationary brace specifically for carpal tunnel and it brought him immediate pain relief. This morning the swelling had gone down considerably and he was able to sleep last night....unlike the night before. Still hurts for him to move his fingers, but hopefully by resting it for a little longer it that will go away. Money well spent for the brace.

Yesterday after work I was on my way to pick up my girls who had stayed with a friend who lives 45 minutes away. It took me over an hour to get there because I was stuck in traffic because of this:



I didn't get home until after 5:30pm and I left work at 3pm. Exhausting! I had picked up a family size lasagna for dinner. While waiting for it to bake, I cleaned and folded laundry. Today after work, I need to put away laundry and clean bathroom.

So that's what's been going on in my world...

No comments: