Sunday, April 06, 2014

Every Day Joy



It's so easy to get caught up in the struggles of life, so much so that you forget that you are living life right now and you postpone happiness to some future date when you think you will finally deserve it.

No one wants to live that way, but that's what I was doing - punishing myself. 

Now? 

I have resolved to search for joy every day of my life from here on out. We have problems just like everyone else. We have debt, but I don't have to let it steal my joy. There comes a point where you just have to let go and trust that things will work out.

So I'm just going to continue to simplify my life and reduce my outgo - not out of punishment, but of desire to create the life I imagine. I've never been an extravagant person. 

I'll take each day as it comes. Do I have what I need today? If so, all is well.  

No comments: