Thursday, March 13, 2014

Turning Point




So I'm on my third and last day off for the week and have given myself a much needed break. I didn't clean or work in the yard like crazy and it's been nice. 

I feel like we are finally reaching a turning point. Things are slowly getting better it seems and I'm thankful. 

We still have challenges to conquer, but we'll get there slowly but surely. I've come to a few realizations during this time.

~ I'm more determined than ever to become 100% debt-free. The stress is just not worth it.

~ An emergency funds is an absolute necessity.

~ Decluttering is good for my soul. I don't need a lot of stuff to be happy. The older I get, the more of a minimalist I become. I want just enough, space and freedom.

~ What does make me happy is spending time with family and friends, loving on our pets, good food, music, journaling, reading, baking, working on my house and yard, enjoying the outdoors. Note that shopping is not on the list.

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes we need to go through the tough stuff in order to figure out what we don't want in life. Then we can take action to change it.

4 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Great post! Couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing!

Terri Cheney said...

"I've come to the conclusion that sometimes we need to go through the tough stuff in order to figure out what we don't want in life. Then we can take action to change it."

Vast wisdom in that statement my dear friend. Vast. Thank you for sharing!

Tracy Hathcock said...

Thank you, Lisa and Terri, for your kind comments! :)

Teddi said...

I came across your blog and love it! life does have its up and downs and you will too find peace! as I read your post I am in the midst of uncertainity and it can drag you down! but I pray tomorrow will be better!
so keep your head up!
TEDDI