Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Fever and Dreaming of Curb Appeal




I splurged yesterday and purchased a large peace lily plant for my front porch. I have Spring fever!

It's my last day off this week and I'm heading outdoors to spruce up my porch and work in the front yard. There is weeding to be done and one flower bed is being removed and the plants moved to the backyard.

I am simplifying my landscaping, keeping only one flower bed. The rest of my plants and flowers will be in containers. 


The bouquet above are the colors I'm using for my porch, though a darker blue. The front door is a cheerful yellow and I want blue and white ceramic pots filled with canna lilies, caladiums, and elephant ears.


I need to create some curb appeal. I know what I want and can see it all in my mind's eye. Little by little I will transform our yard into an peaceful oasis with a beachy feel.


No comments: