Friday, March 14, 2014

Some Days




Some days I feel on top of the world and then other days I just feel restless, tired and sad that I long to escape, to start over and find peace and rest from all my cares.

I long to sit by the sea as the waves roll in, listening to the sea gulls cry, and feel the sun on my skin. In my own little world, allowing the sea to wash my burdens away with the tide.

I wish there was something, anything I could do to make things better. To heal the hurt and help resolve issues that threaten to destroy a relationship. I feel stuck in the middle, my sanity hanging on by a thread.

I never expected my life to be one of ease, but I didn't expect it to be so damn hard at times either.

3 comments:

Debra said...

Oh Tracy.... all I can say is that there's a way to discipline our minds to go to the peaceful places (like seasides) even when our bodies cannot. It takes much practice and returning over and over when your mind wanders over to the stressful places.

But it's possible to love everywhere you go and everything you must do. May God help you carry out that discipline to think about only good things and wonderful places until they're more real than the negative things. Praying for you... Debra

jill said...

Such is life with my vet...at times I feel I have one foot out the door. His PTSD/TBI counselor has me going to the spouses group which has been a big help. Now if I could only send his family to another planet....;-) They see no physical disabilities so they think he is faking it all.
Hang in there. I tell myself for everything good day I have to endure two bad ones.
blessings, jill

Nita in South Carolina said...

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I know what you mean about the ocean - the beach is just a few miles from here, but the weather has been too yukky to go out there for a long while, and I REALLY need some time to sit there and look at the waves and calm down.