Tuesday, March 18, 2014

She Decided To Start Living the Life She Imagined




Though we have had our share of struggles in recent months, I have come to the decision to start taking action in order to make my ideal life a reality. 

Home: 
~ Spacious, uncluttered, organized
~ Do a little each day so I don't have marathon cleaning sessions on my off days
~ Quality over quantity
~ Stage my home like a beach vacation home

Yard:
~ Well maintained; simple landscaping
~ Add tropical touches; caladiums, elephant ears, daylilies, etc.
~ Decorate porch for seasons/holidays

Personal Style:
~ Soft summer colors with grey as my neutral
~ Simple makeup
~ Silver jewelry
~ Smallish handbag
~ Small wardrobe
~ Again, quality over quantity

Personal Grooming:
~ Moisturize daily
~ Skin care - be sure to remove makeup before bed
~ Perfume always
~ Weekly pedicure at home
~ Spa evenings at home

Health:
~ Gentle exercise: walking, yoga, stretching
~ Multi-vitamin
~ Chiropractor
~ Plenty of sleep
~ Drink water
~ Increase intake of fruit and veggies

Finances:
~ Build savings
~ Frugal
~ Monthly budget plan
~ Seek ways to reduce expenses/increase income

Dining:
~ Try new recipes
~ Eat al fresco in nice weather
~ Set a pretty table
~ Soft music playing

Creative Pursuits:
~ Writing
~ Reading
~ Music; singing
~ Cross-stitching and embroidery
~ Home improvement projects

Relaxation and Outings:
~ Beach days
~ Nature walks
~ Book store/library
~ Community events
~ Walks on the beach with my husband

Other:
~ Keep car immaculate inside and out

Those are a few of my ideas/guidelines for my ideal life. Now to start actively putting these things into practice!

7 comments:

M Ripples said...

You only get to live once. Might as well to make it the life you want, right?

Good for you!

Fiona said...

What a fabulous post dear Tracy! You are so wonderful focusing on what you do what rather than what you don't want.

Chris said...

Hi Tracy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Rhonda said...

I like your list a lot, and your attitude.

topchelseagirl said...

This is a great list. The doing a little housework each day in order to avoid marathon sessions on my days off is something I must try harder at!!

Stephanie said...

So very inspiring!

Tracy Hathcock said...

M Ripples - Exactly!

Fiona - thank you for your kind words. Your blog has been a source of inspiration for me! :)

Chris - Thank you & welcome!

Rhonda - thank you!!

Topchelseagirl - I must work harder at this, too! Welcome!!

Stephanie - thank you!