Saturday, March 01, 2014

Living On the Edge




I am trying so hard to stay positive in the face of adversity, but it is really hard. I have good days and then days sprinkled with hopelessness, fear, and despair. 

It is getting harder and harder to make ends meet, especially when Alfred's income fluctuates from week to week and hours are getting harder to come by. 

You see, he is paid by the job as a mechanic and not straight time. And now he is getting stuck with mostly warranty work, which pays next to nothing. He has less than five hours for the week and has Monday and Tuesday to make any time.

Sometimes it seems the harder you try to do right, the worse things become. I hope and pray things turn around soon. I don't living on the edge.

7 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Tracy,
wish I could honestly say 'don't worry'...but like you I am a worrier. Plain and simple it is so difficult to keep your chin up and NOT despair.
I truly hope you can keep your focus-- and Trust God as your provider.
He has given you a strong sense of HOME, Family, and Finance.
You are doing a great job in all these areas-- I hope you can Trust Him to help you and guide you in all this. Please do not let worry rob you of your joy, willingness to help others,(because you do that through your blogging) and your focus or Trust.
blessings to you, Pat

Kathy in Illinois said...

Praying for you Tracy.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Kathy said...

I am sorry that life is stressful right now. I hope that you get some good news this week.

I have been enjoying your blog today. Thank you for sharing with us.

Sometimes I think haven't we been through enough? I broke my ankle 8 weeks ago, and with surgery and hospitalization, it looks like I am going to have to pay over $7000. Glad I had insurance anyway, otherwise it would be 30,000.

Fiona said...

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's work Tracy. I hope things look up soon.

jill said...

Tracy, so sorry about his job, and I do not mean this to be noisy or bossy, but is your husband not a vet? Would he like to go back to school? My husband retired back in 2005 and went back to school on the 9/11 GI Bill. The VA will pay for school and you will receive the BAH. You could then apply more of your income to your debt.
We lived off the BAH as much as we could and used his pension to help pay off our truck early.
Just a thought.
blessings, jill

Swapna Karve said...

Hi, I came over from Fiona's blog and am sorry to hear about your husband's work. Not sure if you have heard of "http://moneysavingmom.com" blog but di check it out. Might help since you are in USA too as she posts about deals etc. The other content on this blog is good and motivating too. Hope things get better soon.

Swaps

Wendy said...

So sorry you are feeling hopeless, Tracy, but please hang in there and know that there are good times ahead! We will all be praying for you and your family to come upon better financial times.