Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Home Days





Home days are my favorite days. I love being able to work on my house and yard. Cooking a simple dinner for my family, loving on my dogs, Alfred and I laughing with our children over their silly antics, and just enjoying the feeling of peace I get from being home.

Though times are tough, home is my sanctuary. There is always plenty of work to do - inside and out. The work helps keep me from worrying over things I cannot change at the moment.

Inside I am decluttering, deep cleaning, and reorganizing in order to simplify my life as much as possible. It feels so good to clear things out and get rid of the excess.

Outside I'm hauling limbs and bushes to the curb. There is weeding to be done - lots and lots of weeding. Bushes to trim, plants waiting to be transplanted, pressure washing the house, mowing and raking...lots of physical labor.

Being productive at home is very zen-like for me. I turn on my favorite music and get lost in the task at hand. I forget my worries for a little while and just focus on the task at hand.

Home days will always be my favorite days!

5 comments:

a8383 said...

Glad to see you are feeling more positive Tracy! You might be surprised that I am envying you a bit. We sold our home in Jan and are living in a rental house temporarily until we can find something we like in our price range. Having had a home- I am so missing my yard, clothesline, flowers, starting tomato seeds, etc. But like you I am trying to " "make the best." I am crocheting an afghan, learning to use my pressure cooker, making Christmas fabric yo-yo garlands, and hope to take the Master Gardener class. We persevere! Angela

Lisa Tucker said...

I couldn't agree more! There is no better feeling than working hard at home and accomplishing things. Great post!

Kathy said...

I love home days too!! Looking forward to spring!

Fiona said...

I'm with you on Home Days, Tracy. I had such a day yesterday and they always makes me feel good. Plus the house looks lovely too!

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Although we still have plenty of inside work, I so wish our weather was warm enough to begin winter clean up outside. I am beginning to experience a little cabin fever.
Happy Spring Cleaning to you. Hopefully, ours will begin soon.
Blessings,
Mrs.B