Wednesday, March 05, 2014

A New Resolve




Though we are experiencing some tough times at the moment, I am determined somehow, someway to come out victorious. I don't know how or when, but it will happen. I'm just stubborn that way.

I cannot let myself fall into fear and worry. Fear paralyzes me and I can't afford to make any rash/wrong decisions. I need to keep my mind clear and plan each step carefully. 

I must do all I can to reduce our cost of living even further. I will begin making all of my own household cleaning products and laundry soap. 

I will make everything I can from scratch, using my off days to cook ahead for the days I work. 

I will reduce the amount of meat I cook with, make my own bread, use all leftovers, etc. If I can make it myself at home, I don't need to buy it!

I'm looking for ways to bring in more income. I don't really want to get a second job as I don't think I could physically handle it - but there's got to be a way I can use my time at home to bring in more money. 

Holding yard sales. Selling home-baked goods. Cleaning houses and/or organizing for others. Pet sitting, possibly? Does anyone have any experience in these things or other ideas? I am open to all suggestions.

Alfred is also looking for another job. 

No matter what, we must pay the basics: food, a roof over our heads, utilities, transportation, and the IRS. The other debts will be paid as we are able. And we will repay every last cent!


6 comments:

Terri Cheney said...

Doing all that you're planning to do at home to SAVE will be like another job, Tracy, I know because I do that already! I use more and more of my time these days to just keep on the savings train.

We are now paying for a porch. I don't mind paying for it, I'm awfully glad we have the additional living space. It's just that it's one more thing to take care of and I was already trying to cut back hard on groceries and electric and such.

Onward, soldiers, onward, lol.

Stephanie said...

Hi. I found your blog via Fiona at How to Be Chic. I already have enjoyed reading some of your posts! You are inspiring!

I started making my own laundry soap about a year ago and it's so much easier, plus I love the results. It's so much better than store bought detergent and no more fake chemical clean smell on the clothes anymore.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing said...

Hang in there Tracy! I've been where you are. You are doing all the right things.I know it is easier said than done, but try to focus on what you can do and not on what you can't. With the start of spring break many of the rental companies will need condo cleaners. Some of my friends have cleaned on Saturday or Sunday and worked their regular jobs during the week. The pay is pretty good. You might even meet some owners who aren't with a company and pick up some private cleaning. Best wishes,
Rhonda

Fiona said...

The picture you have chosen is beautiful Tracy. The brilliant colours are very optimistic.

Tracy Hathcock said...

Thank you, Fiona!

Welcome, Rhonda! And thank you for the suggestion. :)

Welcome Stephanie! Thank you for your kind words. :)

Terri, I do believe you are right. It won't be easy and careful planning will be required. Enjoy your new porch!