Friday, February 14, 2014

No Spend February - Week 2



It's been a trying week. Last Friday night, I had to take Alfred to the ER because he was in severe pain and unable to move his right hand or left shoulder.We are thinking it's some type of arthritis but won't know for sure until we can get him into the doctor and get a diagnosis.

The two Rx he needed filled were less than $20 combined which was a major blessing. 

All dinners were cooked at home. There were a few times when I thought, "It would be nice to have so and so", but I did not give in. We made due with what we had at home. 

There were a couple days we were able to run the central heat or air. Every little bit helps to reduce the utility bill.

I transferred $95.00 into my savings.

I'm feeling overwhelmed at the moment. I'm one payment behind on my car note. We owe the IRS for the first time ever in 22 years to the tune of $921. Alfred's work has been slow. It seems impossible. I'm in panic mode - which is not a good place to be in.

I need to take a step back to calm and center myself. We've been through hard times before and came through it. I know we can do it again. This, too, shall pass...

11 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Hang in there! I know it can be trying and frustrating in paying off debt. You are not alone.

~Carla~ said...

I spent a couple hours in the ER last night for the same reason with my husband. :( All is well thankfully! I feel your pain with the finances... February is a tight month for us as well... I hope you find a way to make that payment. I'd be quite bummed out too!

Tracy said...

Thanks Susan!

Carla - sorry to hear your husband is having the same problems as mine.

We are just taking it day by day, doing all we can to tighten our belts and make every penny work hard for us. Thank you for writing!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi Tracy-
I've been in your shoes before.
Owing the IRS isn't fun.
Having an ill or injured hubby--no fun either. :/
Hang in there. I find your blog inspiring and encouraging to read.
Continue doing what your do-- I love reading about all of it. I also need the added inspiration, scriptures, and words of encouragement-NOT just the practical words of encouragement. Those I find those helpful as well. :)

Pat

Tracy said...

Thank you, Pat!

christina neumann said...

Just so we can commiserate with each other, and this may help you feel better, we owe the Feds over $6000. There goes our EF. :(

Theresa F said...

Maybe the $95 should go towards the car payment. It might be better than being behind?

Hope things look up soon.

Gayla said...

Just stopped by to visit. I hope your husband feels better soon. I have been in your shoes for years. Debt is a thief, for sure. He is a thief that is not recognized by any who have not lived with his claws in your back or clutching your heart of joy. You are doing amazing. You will thrive and be victorious! Hugs from icy cold, snowy MO. We have been flattened financially with propane bills. Mine was 800 dollars, then 650. Mom had 720... All in one months time on top of our usual 250 payment. Sub zero temperatures for days on end. It is so hard to be cheerful when debt steals so much, but you are right. You do have so much to enjoy. Kept the faith, Sweetheart.

Tracy said...

Thank you, Gayla!

Tracy said...

Christina - that stinks! :(

Theresa F - I was thinking the same thing.

debbie said...

yes tracy this is the first year we also owe 708 to the irs,scrambling to come up with the cash