For the month of February, I am challenging myself and my family to a no-spending freeze. The goal is to only spend on necessities in an effort to get credit card #1 paid off as quickly as possible! This is going to take self-discipline and self-denial and I expect there will be many lessons learned in the process.
What we won't be spending money on:
~ alcoholic drinks
~ fast food
~ items for our home
~books or magazines
How are we going to accomplish this?
* Stay out of the stores. The less time we spend in the stores, the better for our budget!
* Meal planning will be vital, as well as bulk cooking and baking. The more I can make from scratch, the cheaper it will be. I am not starting this challenge with a well-stocked pantry/freezer.
* Instead of giving in to an impulse buy, we will add items to a list and will re-evaluate after our no-spend month is over.
* We will use what we have instead of buying more stuff.
* I will continue tracking every cent we spend and will give a weekly update on Fridays.
Who's up for this challenge?