Sunday, January 05, 2014

52 Weeks of Gratitude: Week 1




~ We shaved $83.07 off the utility bill in a month's time! I'm hoping to shave more off this month with a more concentrated effort.

~ I am thankful to be off work today with my husband. Much of the time I work weekends and I miss the time I spend with him.

~ I am thankful that my wants and needs are few because that means I'm spending less money.

~ I am thankful for my budding savings because I am widening the gap between myself and catastrophe.

~ It makes me happy to see how excited my dogs get when I wake up in the morning or come home from work.

What were you thankful for this week?

3 comments:

Debbie S. said...

Tracy,
I am thankful for a new year! I've got goals and things I hope to accomplish and I just love starting over (even if only in my mind).

I'm forever grateful for being at home, caring for my family (and homeschooling).

Blessings to you!

Chy said...

Great post!

*I'm thankful for a warm bed and cozy house - the temperature outside, even with the sun shining is a chilly -38 degrees Celcius. Skin freezes within seconds, so we're staying in today!

*I'm thankful for a fridge and pantry full of food so we don't have to go out.

*I'm thankful for the news that tomorrow, it will be a balmy -6!

*I'm thankful I have a few days left on my holidays, time to write, tidy up Christmas and do some baking.

Short list but one full of gratitude on this winter day.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

~ I'm thankful for new enthusiasm
~ I'm thankful for the energy to keep up with my enthusiasm...something I'd been lacking.
~ I'm thankful for a freezer full of venison and a restocked pantry
~ I'm thankful for 2 days in a row-with no kids or visitors; so I can be more productive.
~I'm thankful for the little flock of Eastern Blue Birds outside my kitchen window this morning while doing the dishes!
~I'm thankful for chick feed to share with them--
~I'm thankful for a warm home.
I could just go on and on Tracy!
...thankful for you,giving me something to think about and show my gratitude!
Pat