Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Motto For the New Year



In 2014, I want to have less.

Less stuff.

Less stress.

Less work.

Less debt.

I don't need a lot to be happy. I would rather have more time and freedom to do the things in which my soul delights and making memories with my family.

By having less, I can do more.

More days at the beach.

More work in my yard.

More DIY house projects.

More reading of books.

More writing.

More stitching.

More cooking and baking.

More love and laughter.

More giving.

The benefits of having less and living a simple life far outweighs trying to keep up with the Joneses. I prefer quality over quantity. 

And so, in this new year you will find me minimizing our belongings (in fact, I've already begun!), building our savings, reducing debt, making liberal use of creativity in order to create a life I love.

Have less. Do more. 

3 comments:

Nicole T said...

I agree with you 100%!

Precious said...

I love your goals! They sound wonderful.

Fiona said...

Great words Tracy, and very inspiring. Some people might not believe that you can feel richer by giving away some of your possessions, but once you've done it you know it's true. BTW, have you see a movie called The Joneses with Demi Moore? It's a really illuminating look at consumerism and keeping up with the Joneses. Well worth watching.