Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Liberation


{source: Pinterest}

Despite having to work, I have accomplished much in my home this month. I made a list of projects I wanted to tackle and have checked them off one by one...mostly decluttering and reorganizing type things.

It has been quite liberating to release two decades of clutter that I have accumulated during our marriage. I would venture to say addicting as well! 

You don't realize the effect clutter has on you physically and psychologically. It is wearisome, depressing, suffocating and isolating. 

As I release things that we neither need or use, I feel lighter and freer. I can finally breathe and I am happier than I've been in quite some time. And that's a very good thing, friends. 


5 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Keep talking....you are inspiring me! I really, really, really need to do this and just need to get started. Thanks for sharing!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I know what you mean.
I am working on getting rid of things... today, we gave away our couch and love seat and our old TV.
'Cause let's face it. We just have too much furniture...
I'm working on doing more of this!
- Pat

Fiona said...

So well said Tracy. I have had to stop decluttering and organising as there is too much to do to get sorted for Christmas and travel to do much else, but I cannot wait until January to get back into it! The last paragraph in your post is fabulous and speaks the truth.

Precious said...

That is wonderful. We did this when we moved cross country twice. Now I just keep it up on an ongoing basis. It does feel so freeing.

Melanie said...

I really need to work on this...thanks for the reminder and inspiration!